Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thin Pancakes

Tonight we were totally at a loss for anything to make. We were going to do pancakes, but at the last minute I threw out crepes as an alternative. I had made them once before in high school and remembered them being good. We found a recipe on all recipes.com and ran with it. Aly sliced some strawberries, and we added powdered sugar on top. They were pretty good and a lot more filling than I remember or would expect. Not quite pancake stuffed, but not hungry. It took all of 15 minutes to make which was also a nice plus. One thing I'd note for next time would be to try getting the crepes thinner. These seemed too thick based off what I remember, and I think that made them almost pancake like.I think the batter worked fine, and we should find some way to physically spread them thinner on the pan.


Our strawberries were a little grody, and I spent like 20 minutes at the store today picking the freshest they had. I don't know seasons, and I guess they are out of season? We got enough good ones it wasn't a total waste, but we did throw some away, which was a shame.

-Jeff

Recipe from All recipes.com


Note from Aly: Though it makes me sound like a nagging bitch, I'm going to enter this little sub-entry anyway. When I first came into the kitchen and saw Jeff working on dinner, I noticed that the butter was in a block in the middle of the bowl (pictured in the slideshow) and that the recipe listed "2 Tbsp butter, melted." I mentioned it to Jeff, but he declared that "it'll melt... when it gets warm... from the room," and I realized that we'd hit that point where I couldn't say or do anything that would result in him removing the butter to melt it. Luckily, apparently when he started trying to mix the batter he realized the problem because I noticed not long afterwards that he fished it out of the bowl and put it in a little dish in the microwave. So, it's important to follow the recipe. Just saying.

-Aly


No comments:

Post a Comment