Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mango

I ate my first Mango today.

Hard to believe it hadn't been done, but it's true. In fact, I don't know if I had ever even seen one eaten and paid attention. I was at the grocery store today, and in a weird state so I bought a bunch of off-list stuff. Something I never do. One thing was a pair of Mangoes.

Takeaways:

  • I like ripe mangoes. One of the ones I bought was ripe. 
  • I do not like unripe mangoes. The other was not. 
  • Red mangoes are riper than green. (regardless of whether or not I am correct on ripeness, I prefer red)
  • The skin is not edible. 
  • They have some sort of solid stringy mass at the center that is hard to cut through. Don't bother. Instead, carve chunks off. 
  • Unripe (green) mangoes are really bitter and solid. Hard to cut. 
  • Ripe (red) mangoes are really sweet and smushy. 
Fruit Adventures might be a regular feature. I think Aly took some great action shots of me trying to figure it out. I almost bought a (nonstandard) melon at the store, it was white with green stripes. You'll have to wait until next grocery trip to find out for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment