Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Biscuits and Gravy

Tonight I tried my hand at biscuits and gravy. I hadn't made either before and its always pretty satisfying. We threw some bacon in as well, because we happen to have tons of it.

Bacon turned out alright, I probably should have cooked it longer, but I think I like it crispier than most people anyway.

Biscuits were a new adventure. I don't really bake much, but figured I'd give it  a shot. I got covered with flour which was neat. They weren't particularly hard. Mix the stuff in bowl, roll it flat and cut them into circles. They turned out really good I thought.

The gravy was another story. We got the Jimmy Dean sausage and broke it down, but I think we really ought to have gotten ground sausage. The JD was hard to break into small chucks, and I sort of gave up halfway through. The gravy didn't thicken like the recipe said it would, and while decent, it wasn't as thick as I'd want.  In the end the sausage should have been smaller, and the gravy thicker.

 

-Jeff

Biscuit recipe from Allrecipes.com

Sausage Gravy recipe from Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment