Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lunch Feature: Egg Salad

I saw an article on Lifehacker the other day about hard boiling eggs in the oven rather than in water, and, with Easter coming up, I wanted to try it out. I figured that with the eggs I tested, I could make egg salad. I know I've made it once before, but that was with a friend in middle school, so I hardly think it counts. I looked up a couple recipes and picked one I liked. I knew I wanted to use mustard, and the first few recipes I found didn't. They seemed like fancy people egg salad with spices I haven't heard of and celery and crap.

 

Cooking the eggs in the oven worked pretty well. I'd say the only down side was that they were harder to peel afterwards, but with the ease of just having them sit in the oven for 30 minutes, I didn't mind.
The egg salad turned out pretty good, too. I added just a tad more mayo and mustard than it called for, but only a touch.

Recipe from All recipes.com

-Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment