Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes

Tonight we opted for Blueberry pancakes for Breakfast night. I've made pancakes before, so I wasn't worried about it. Jeff looked up a basic pancake recipe online and we just added blueberries. I even got a little creative and added some white chocolate chips to two of them as an experiment. My famous muffins that have pleased many coworkers in the past involve blueberries and white chocolate chips, so I thought I'd try the combo again.

I mixed up the batter and started pouring it on the skillet. I found that the pancakes were burning around the edges of the pan very quickly while the parts closer to the center weren't ready to flip. After the trouble this pan gave us with Steak 2 on Monday, we might be done trying to use this pan. To combat the inconsistency from the pan, I started just making one pancake at a time in the center. I even indulged in every kid's dream and made one giant pancake with the last of the batter (mostly because I was sick of making pancakes and just dumped it all out). Jeff got that one.


In the end, they were very tasty and I will definitely save the recipe for future experiments. If I made any changes, I'd lower the heat (medium high made for some very quickly-cooked and at time a little burnt pancakes) and possibly add some vanilla or cinnamon to the recipe.

-Aly

Recipe from All Recipes.com

Ingredients:
-1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
-3 12/ tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
-1 Tbsp granulated sugar
-1 1/4 Cups milk
-1 egg
-3 Tbsp butter, melted

Directions:
-In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, and melted butter. Mix well until smooth
-Heat a lightly oiled frying pan or griddle over medium high heat. Pour or scoop batter onto the griddle using approx. 1/4 cup per pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot

No comments:

Post a Comment