Monday, March 19, 2012

Sloppy Joes

Tonight I made some sloppy joes. I like to go as from scratch as I can for things, and so looked up a recipe online.

We made some basic changes to it, for a few reasons. 1/2lb ground beef isn't sold anywhere near us, and that really didn't seem like enough. We know we have leftovers with a full pound but we can deal with that. We also doubled most of the rest of ingredients. We dropped "prepared mustard" because I think it may mean yellow mustard which I don't like. If it doesn't mean that we simply didn't know what it was. Instead we gave "A dash" of mustard powder figuring it was close enough. It took all of 5 min. to make which was really nice. Aly said she would like less worcestershire sauce in hers, more ketchup and added some to hers. I liked mine as is.


Was a really quick easy recipe and I think was pretty good. We didn't simmer as indicated, but I think it was fine in the end.

recipe from allrecipes.com

-Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment