Monday, March 26, 2012

Burgers

So, apparently all my entries start with so. Didn't want to break the cycle.

Tonight I grilled burgers. We had some leftover bacon, so we went for bacon swiss burgers. Fairly standard fair on the burgers, throw them on the grill. Take them off when finished. The interesting part of this meal came from the bacon.

A weekend or two ago we had Aly's friend and her husband over and we grilled some burgers. At that time I decided why not throw some bacon on the grill. Its already going, and I know he is a big bacon fan. It worked great and I looked really impressive with my culinary knowledge and techniques. Since it worked last time, I did it again. Did not work so hot. The bacon grease dripped down onto the flames of the grill, and when I opened it up to check the bacon itself had caught fire. I quickly put that out, and managed to save most of it, but it was all charred way past what Aly likes. I was alright with it, but I like my bacon crispy anyway. She likes hers still able to flop around, and this did not happen.

 

So outside my little grease fire in the grill, this meal turned out alright. I know T had mentioned buying some nice meat at some point, and having it ground for nice burgers so there might be a part 2 soonish. This meat was the simple cardboard/low grade preformed patties that were "the cheapest they sold in a big box". Not bad, but nothing to write home about.

-Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment